Sealevel Restaurant, Cronulla

Sealevel Restaurant Cronulla Sydney

For my 21st birthday we decided to go to Sealevel Restaurant in Cronulla, Sydney for lunch, now one of my favourite restaurants of all time. I've never been a particularly big fan of seafood until I came to Australia. The only thing I would eat would be fish from the chippy or canned tuna; crab and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese I classed as adventurous. Then coming to Oz I realised that the seafood here is immensely better than anywhere in England and it opened up a whole new era for my taste buds.

Sealevel is very upmarket, situated right on the beach with huge open glass windows taking in the entire of North Cronulla Beach. You're best to go for lunch, as when it gets dark you lose one of the restaurants greatest assets, it's amazing view. Anyway, there's something uplifting about it being socially acceptable to have wine at 12pm. The staff there are incredibly kind and flexible if you have any requirements. We went with an autistic woman who tends to become stressed in certain situations and is incredibly picky about her food however the staff were very quick to make her feel comfortable and happy.

Sealevel Restaurant Cronulla Sydney Seafood Platter

The food itself is astonishing. The reason we picked Sealevel in the first place is because one of the women I went with told me a story about how she used to work in catering for a very picky chef. One of the only places in Sydney that this particular chef had any praise for is of course Sealevel. There's ample selection of starters, mains and dessert, most of which are infused with some form of seafood. If you're going with someone who doesn't like fish then naturally this isn't the best place to go, even with the ectra options. The crowning glory is the seafood platter of which you have a choice whether or not to include lobster for an extra $40. As a friendly note definitely add the lobster.

I can confidently say that Sealevel has brought me out of my seafood rut and solidified any curiosity I had about the cuisine. Who knew I'd love baby octopus when I'd never even eaten a prawn until a few months ago.


1 comment:

  1. A delicious lunch and glass of wine at the Sealevel Restaurant sounds like a great way to spend your 21st birthday. I have never tried the seafood in Australia, but I am going to add this restaurant to my bucket list. I am happy to hear the staff is warm and friendly, and the view of North Cronulla Beach looks very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete