Embroidered Satin Bomber Jackets / The Fashion Week Aftermath


Although I don't entirely follow Fashion Week, in any of the countries, there has been one trend that somehow caught my attention, the embroidered satin bomber jacket. Interestingly enough the trend appeared most recently in both the Spring/Summer Saint Laurent show and Spring/Summer Louis Vuitton show as menswear, however women have adopted the trend with countless examples from Fashion Weeks street style.The great thing about these jackets are that they're a power piece to any outfit, it takes worn jeans and a white t-shirt to a completely new level.

At the beginning of 2016 Kate Moss stepped out in a camouflaged jumpsuit, oil slick platform boots and of course a baby pink and grey satin bomber. A month or so before Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was seen in a satin green quilted bomber jacket. Clearly the trend has come a long way from the 60's when the jacket was first worn in fashion by skinheads and mods as an alternative to the Harrington jacket.


After checking out a Scotch and Soda store I found a baby pink satin jacket embroidered with Japanese style florals, a la Pink Ladies from Grease. It caught my attention as I haven't seen the bowling alley kind of jacket look used in fashion before. Unfortunately since I haven't been able to find another one like it, and peculiarly enough the whole satin bomber trend doesn't seem to have caught on too much with mainstream brands. Searching for an embroidered bomber on the Topshop website will show only one result, while doing the same on ASOS will provide a male alternative. A casual browse in General Pants Co. and I found a black dragon embroidered bomber, probably the only one I've seen since my Scotch and Soda rummage. C'mon fashion buyers, the demand is there, what're you waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. Leather is always in fashion specially in winters. Coz we have to wear stylish stuff so we can go with stylish leather jackets. Amazing design and stylish stuff i liked it alot. I have known some of these kinda website in this valentine i gifted my boyfriend Bomber Jackets and he loved it.

    ReplyDelete