A Dabble in Minimalism

Kitsune Kennedy, girl wearing fashion
Shirt - Boohoo, Crop Top - Topshop, Shorts - Boohoo
As I'm claiming myself to be a fashion blogger you'd think that I'd at least have one OOTD post up. Well, now I do! Although I haven't had the motivation (or time) to create a full post for you guys I took a picture of yesterday's outfit. Yes, I know, I apologise for the abysmal quality.

I've been dabbling in minimalism recently and I think it might be the style I'm most comfortable with. Put it down to me getting older but bright colours are a bit nauseating for me these days. And no, you can't hold that against me when you see an Instagram picture of me in bright pink. Even though I'm becoming more and more interested in minimalism I'm a thousand miles away from truly understanding it. Reading the definition on The Rosenrot, although enlightening, has still left me a little perplexed.

It was the first time I headed off to Bondi beach so I went for a summery, easy-breezy look. I bought the shorts from Boohoo during the sale and it's refreshing to find a pair that doesn't hug your skin so tightly. In the picture you can glimpse a bit of the geometric detail, my next stop is to Topshop so I can buy a checked contrasting shirt.

No one told me this but at Bondi no one wears heels at the beach, or if they do they're sandal type wedges. Well, me being my awkward self I stepped out in stomping black cut out boots. Probably not the best decision of my life. My advice when going to Bondi, or any beach really, is to wear flip flops (thongs whatever), a bikini and some form of beach coverup. You have no idea how out of place you'll be in boots and a white shirt in 30 degree weather. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment