Kawa Café: Bohemian Haven in the City



Kawa cafe sign

 The first time I heard of Kawa was when someone invited me for a job interview there. At first I was excited, it seemed like such an awesome place to talk to someone about a job I really wanted, but then learning that it was 15 minutes away from the train station I nearly requested another café. However, going for the second time I couldn’t be happier that I stuck with it. Since then I've been back a number of times, ad hopefully much more in the future.

Croissant at Kawa cafe

Kawa is a quaint little café deep in the suburb of Surry Hills, Sydney. Their design is unquestionably boho, wooden tables and a fresh white interior for the inside, metal garden chairs, quilt poofs and tables for the outside. They’re famous for their chai tea, although after also trying their Senchu green tea and to-die-for I can vouch for more than one of their products. Not only are the drinks amazing they come in beautifully patterned china teacups offering the perfect photo opportunity.

Hot chocolate at Kawa cafe

As for the food Kawa offers all the healthy options you wish you could make yourself. With one of the best breakfasts in Sydney, so much so even the Veronicas wandered in for a quick bite, Kawa gives a diverse range of nibbles, lunch and breakfast options. Personally I've had the tuna sandwich, full of a ton of beautiful ingredients I can't currently recite, and the savory croissant with ham and cheese. Both were amazing.

The only negative thing I can say is that if you sit outside sometimes the traffic can be loud, especially during peak hours, but that’s to be expected of a café that opens to the fresh air.

Kawa Café is open from 7:30 – 17:00 Mon-Sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment