Future Travel Plans

Sunset Future Travel Plans

2015 has been and gone, and with over a year of travel under my belt 2016 paves the way to new horizons. I'm a big planner, so naturally the next year of my life has a number of destinations I'm determined to visit, regardless of how plausible they are. I read another blogger planning on going somewhere new every month of the year, whether it's to another country or a weekender over to the next city, so in 2016 this seems like a pretty rad goal to aim towards. Below are some trips and countries I'm hoping to do in the near future, with some plans already progressing.

Revisiting Australia 2016
After returning from Australia late November of 2015 I didn't instantly feel the need to travel back. However, a mere week later and the pull of sandy beaches and t-shirt weather drew me out of my travel-block and now I'm more determined than ever to return. After leaving I had a strange feeling of having unfinished business with the country, so now a new plan has been formed with everything I didn't get a chance to do before, including the notorious road trip to Uluru and visiting the beautiful city of Cairns and it's surrounds. With my visa ending in April I have a mere few months to get my fill before having to move onto some ever more amazing adventures.

Italy
Ah now where do I start! Italy is one of the places I have been yearning to explore since I was a child. To see the culture of Rome, learn to paint in Florence, and cook in Venice. After seeing an Italian language class advertised by STA this year where you're able to study the language whilst immersing yourself in the country I've been inspired to extend my knowledge. With such rich history the country is a perpetual cascade of attractions including the Colosseum, Leaning Tower of Pisa and Juliet's House high up on my to-do list.

European Bookstore Crawl
If you've ever been to Europe you know that it's a place of incessant history. One place where you can see the obvious history of the country you're in is the libraries and bookstores available. From the sci-fi-esque Stuttgart City Library to the majestic National Library of the Czech Republic in Prague it's not your typical trip. If you're in love with the smell of musty old books, people watching and incredible architecture what more could you want from a European wide journey?

Live and Work in London
If I hadn't have already planned my trip to Australia my back up was to live and work in London, which I'm still hoping to do once I return. After visiting the city for a week during December it left a lasting impression on me with how vibrant and exciting a place so close to home can be. Camden Town is definitely one of the places I'm hoping to live, constantly packed with the hustle and bustle of market life. However this being said I'm expecting to not be able to tolerate the area for too long. Being a natural introvert It'd take a blow to my patience.

Weekend in Amsterdam
Possibly the initiation for any European traveller is Amsterdam, from which a thousand suspicious tales seem to have originated from. But lets take a step back a second, from the nightlife, the sordid reputation, and think about the gems that lie in the city. Think Anne Franks Huis, Van Goghs Gallery and the idyllic canals cutting up the city center like a watery spiderweb. Amsterdam is a never-ending hub of culture with an endless selection of hotels and restaurants to choose from and possibly the most museums in any European city.


My flight for Australia is booked, and I'm flying out on the 12th of January. A bit spontaneous even by my standards. I have an overnight stop-over in Amsterdam which is perfect, two birds with one stone and it's not even two weeks into the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment