What's in my Bag? Crap Most Likely

Phone, journal, book, purse, sunglasses, camera, keys.

As most people are with their bags, I'm a hoarder. It took me ten minutes to simply differentiate the crap from the 'photo worthy' with 50% of that crap being receipts or two year old movie stubs. I think for me seeing a bloggers bag is one of the most interesting things they can reveal about their lives outside of the online universe. It's one of those rare glimpses that tell you more about the person than if they gave you a five minute lecture on their hobbies.I don't know what mine says about me, maybe that I'm a mismatched mess?

Myer black backpack

For me a bag is something you shouldn't have to hold. It's something that lets your hands be completely free while at the same time carrying the resources for a small country. I can't stand using handbags, which is unfortunate as some of them I can completely fall in love with. It's easier, and makes more sense to me, if your bag is out of the way and yet accessible. This is why I favour shoulder bags and backpacks. I remember as a kid in high school thinking that a backpack was one of the most horrendous ways you could commit social suicide and resenting my parents for trying to make me wear one. Now I just want to smack my younger self on the back of the head and tell her to get on with it. This is a black backpack from Myer, although I have no idea of the brand.

Set of keys
Black HTC phone and white earphones
Darth Vader keyring

For some reason I have a special place in my heart for my keys. I used to try and collect as many as possible to make myself feel more important, strange huh? I have one key for my old home, two for where i'm living now, one locker key and one that I lock my travel baggage up with. Keyings have come and gone over the course of my teenage life, but only when they break. Currently I have a Lego Darth Vader which I think is the coolest thing ever, a miniature pen which I never ever use, a Pokemon toy (yeah so what), a baby 4gb USB stick and my Cinebuzz rewards tag. If I could fit anymore keyrings on I would.

The Gatsby camera from Urban Outfitters and blue journal
The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

What would my bag be without three of my passions? I always manage to take a camera with me when going out, even if it's just to the city to pick up a few things. The one pictured is The Gatsby Fisheye which I bought from Urban Outfitters. Other cameras I use are the Olympus Pen and Nikon P600. The blue book you can see in the above picture is my 2014-15 diary. I'm big on organising, and anything I can write in is top marks. I usually have my beloved Filofax carted around with me but the inserts are expensive since they're from the UK and have to be shipped. Another love of mine is reading. You'll always find something juicy to poke your nose in. At the moment it's H.G Wells' The War of the Worlds.

Yellow tiger illustrated purse by Disaster Designs

I think my purse deserves recognition on it's own. It's the Heritage and Harlequin purse by Disaster Designs. I'd been drooling over it for months before I was bought it for Christmas, and it's one of my favourite gifts to date! Other than having the most amazing illustrations the purse is big enough for realistic everyday use with eight cardholders, four note pockets and a zipped pouch. The brand also do other designs such as rabbits, horses and zebra.

Rimmel London mascara, lipstick, mirror and liquid eyeliner
Rimmel London red lipstick

I admit, I'm not big on makeup. On an average day I'd wear concealer, liquid eyeliner and mascara. I'm not one to mix-up my makeup use either. Above it the absolute maximum I'd ever take in my bag, and that's if I decide to wear lipstick on a night out. All products are Rimmel London, seeing a pattern?

So that's it, my bag extensively analysed. Mainly I like to do these posts to see if anything changes in what I take in the coming year, so watch out for an update in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment