Valentine's Day Gift Guide: For Him


Valentine's Gifts for Men, hearts, card, stuffed animal, socks

I don’t know about you but I have major issues when trying to find a great Valentine's Day present for my guy. I’ll put it down to this year being only my second year where I’ve actually had a partner to celebrate it with. What a sob story. Usually my mind goes on a rant and I think about paying for extravagant ski holidays only to realise I’m too poor to even try.

So here I’ve compiled a list of the things I’m certain any guy would love. You won’t find any god damn heart print socks here or a bloody 'I love you' mug. Why not actually get him something that he won’t find fucking boring? Yeah you might find it cutesy and oh-so-romantic but I guarantee you the day after it'll already have attracted it's first inch of dust in the cupboard.

Playstation 4
Boys and their toys. If you want to keep him extra sweet this Valentines then the newest Playstation is the way to go. Heck I’d be stoked to get this as a gift. It couples as an activity for you to do on the day. What says 'thank you' more than your boyfriend inviting you to play a video game with him?

Cologne
The sneaky thing about this is that you can make your man smell like whatever you want him to, and the chance is he’ll also appreciate the gift. My favourite scent (for some reason) is a chlorine/water type mix. Weird huh? Turns out it’s quite popular though and Davidoff do the perfect scent; Cool Water Night Dive.

Tickets
It’s versatile and something to look forward to. Whether he’s into music concerts, football or comic-con it’s unlikely that you’ll go a step wrong. Or if you’re looking for something to do on the day I’m sure he won’t mind seeing Fifty Shades of Grey… one, two, three times.

A Watch
There’s something about men, that if they have an expensive watch it just screams successful to the world. Be very careful when choosing your mans wrist candy. If he’s a beach bum and wears vests a lot then a golden Gucci watch might not be the best choice. I find that Fossil do some beautiful everyday ones like this Del Rey Chronograph Leather Watch.

The Man Box
Trawling through sites to find my Boo a gift he won’t ignore I came across The Man Box. The site creates some pretty awesome themed boxes costing no more than $100. Your man is a globetrotter? Give him the travel box. Maybe he has a sweet tooth? The candy man box will sort him right out. So many choices.

Kangaroo Testicle Bottle Opener
I’m not even going to explain this one. Hilarious and practical, the best combo. Find in any good Australian souvenir shop.

Beard Grooming Kit
If your man has a miniature forest growing from his face then you probably know how precious it is to him. A beard grooming kit will keep his face in shape for those men who haven’t quite grasped the use of a comb. Quite frankly if your man has a beard and you haven’t yet bought him a grooming kit for his most prized possession then I’m downright offended.

Sneakers
Maybe not for the more corporate male, sneakers are an awesome gift for those sporty (or fashionable) men who just love to kick back. A few days ago I visited Sneakerboy in Sydney. Although it's down a dark alleyway, which can be nerve wrecking at first considering I was going off a rumor, they have some very high-class Kanye-esque shoes.

Bacon Making Kit
As we all know the worlds manliest (and most loved) food has got to be bacon. So what better than to treat him with the exact instruments to make him the King of bacon? The Bacon Making Kit is an essential for any respectful male. Play your cards right and for the next week you'll be feasting in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment